You know when you get a present, and you open it up, and go, “Wow! Thank you so much,” but you secretly don’t have the foggiest clue as to what the person who cared about you was thinking of when they bought you that gift? Well, I received a gift just like that last Christmas, and today I am completely converted to the BlenderBottle. By the end of this post, I hope you will be too!
That’s right… I have gotten a few gifts that make me go hmm…. I honestly thought the wife was hinting that I needed to hit the gym more! (I do.)
Once I opened the lid, I saw the whisk ball inside, and the light went off in my head. At the very least, I could make myself an omelet! Sure, everyone talks about this item for protein shakes, let’s make an omelet with it. Here is how easy it with the BlenderBottle:
Pour into a heated omelet pan. (In this case, we have some green onions wilted in a little bit of butter.) Cook over super low heat, gently folding the sides up once in a while, so the eggs can set. If you feel like a champ, you can even flip the omelet.
- The mixer comes with the BlenderBall® – a surgical-grade stainless steel mixing ball that is like a wire whisk – BlenderBottle ensures smooth mixing for the thickest of ingredients. I even made Caesar dressing with this bottle using mayonnaise, Parmesan, and other goodies.
- BlenderBottle makes it easier for you to mix your recovery or meal replacement drinks. This is especially important after you work out, when you need that extra pick-me-up. In my case, a bit of protein whey powder, a touch of Gatorade, and plain old water are all that’s needed after my workout.
- The BlenderBottle is available in two different products: the BlenderBottle Classic (the one I got for Christmas,) and a water bottle that can also be used as a portable mixer- the BlenderBottle SportMixer™. (Unfortunately at the time of this writing, the SportMixer is only available in the U.S. – but you can also get it at my Amazon Store.)
- The BlenderBottle is dishwasher safe, and is BPA and Phthalate free, and are available in a variety of colors. It’s nice to know that you can actually have a plastic product that won’t give all sorts of yucky chemicals to chew on after you’ve worked hard. Otherwise, what would be the point?
- Okay, so there isn’t too much that is bad about this product. The one thing I wish is that the lid cap had a way to be tightly closed. I found out the hard way that you need to keep your finger on the cap when you are shaking it, unless you like protein shake all over your cupboards. It’s a nitpick, I know – but there it is.
- Another nitpick about the cap, I can’t add a complete recipe to the bottle, close it, and transport it. Some might say, “So, you can just add water at the gym.” That’s true, but if I wanted to make my Recovery Drink, I wouldn’t be able to get the ingredients at the gym. The Sport version solves this problem.
At it’s first appearance, the BlenderBottle looks like it’s a one-trick pony. I thought the same thing too. As I have shown you in this post, I was completely wrong. You can use it for making marinades, vinaigrettes, omelets, smoothies, and yes, even protein shakes!
This is one item that I think you should have in the kitchen. You won’t be sorry you bought it, that’s for sure.
Your Turn – A Giveaway!
Okay, so the fine folks over at BlenderBottle have given me two of these babies to give away. All you have to do to enter is one of the following, and leave a comment: (You can do this multiple times, just leave a comment for each time you complete each task.)
- Tell me what you would most like to make with a Blender Bottle
- Follow @Jason_Sandeman on Twitter.
- Like the Well Done Chef! on Facebook.
- Subscribe to the Well Done Chef’s YouTube Page
- Add the Well Done Chef! to a Google+ circle.
- Subscribe to the Well Done Chef by the RSS feed or subscribe to Well Done Chef! by email.
- Like the The Official BlenderBottle Page.
- Follow @BlenderBottle on Twitter.
Contest closes at 23:59 March 1st, 2012. I will pick two winners at random from the comments, and contact you so you can get your awesome Blender Bottles. Contest open to Canadian and United States Residents only.